MAKING SURE YOUR SEPTIC SYSTEM IS RUNNING SMOOTHLY!
Located in Champaign IL and committed to serving the surrounding areas, Gulliford Septic & Sewer provides septic inspections to assess the health of your home’s septic system. As your septic system is out of sight, it’s easy for it to slip out of mind, but staying on top of your septic system maintenance will prevent a costly and devastating failure. Whether you’re closing on a home or just looking to keep up with home maintenance, contact us for a septic system inspection.
Included in our septic inspections:
- Our technicians will remove the cover to the septic tank and check the water level. The water level can show whether the water is draining properly.
- We will then run water in the house to make sure it is properly flowing from the house to the septic tank, and to make sure the water level within the tank does not rise when they introduce more water.
- Our technician will visually check the condition of the drain field.
- The septic tank may also need to be pumped (this fee is not included in a septic inspection), especially if it has not been done in the past 3 years.
- Our inspecting technician will turn the report in to whoever made the request – the county, the lender, or the buyer/seller.
What Is A Septic Inspection?
– A septic inspection performed by a licensed Gulliford Septic and Sewer technician will thoroughly assess the state of your septic system. Our technicians use a variety of tests to check the integrity of your septic tan system. Any issue could lead to extensive – and expensive! – repairs in the years to come.
Do I Need a Septic Inspection to Close On My Home?
– Not always. While many mortgage lenders will require a septic inspection report prior to closing, it’s not always required. But we DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT! The average cost of replacing a septic system can range from $6,000 all the way to $20,000. Gulliford Septic and Sewer‘s technicians peform a comprehensive assessment of your system’s condition, as well as providing insight on what steps to take in maintaining your system.
What Does Gulliford Septic and Sewer Test?
– Contrary to popular belief, septic systems are complex creatures with several parts that come together to make an effective wastewater flow solution. We make sure those parts are ALL performing correctly so you can have peace of mind with your home purchase.
Will it Need Pumped During My Inspection?
– Not necessarily, if the tank has been pumped very recently and the waste level is nominal. However, the physical condition of the tank cannot be assessed below the waste level. Pumping your septic tank allows us to completely inspect the tank. Gulliford Septic and Sewer recommends having it pumped during our inspection – not before – so that all the parts of the system can be evaluated under normal operating conditions.
Well Water Sample Testing for Real Estate Sales Also Available!