IF YOU WORK WITH FOOD, OIL OR GREASE – YOU NEED US!
Grease traps require regular maintenance and service. Lack of service will lead to a backup in the sewer lines, which can be devastating for your business or restaurant.
Included in our grease trap cleaning service:
- thorough cleaning
- removal of old, hardened grease
- grease disposal
- inspecting the condition of trap itself, including baffles and cover
- gasket replacement if necessary
- Install of replacement grease trap if necessary
- recommendation for regular maintenance and service
Click the button below for grease trap cleaning service from the pros at Gulliford Septic & Sewer!
What is a Grease Trap?
– A grease trap is a device that allows for the separation of fats, oils and greases in wastewater discharges. It can be outdoors, in-ground, or even under-the-counter. ANY FOOD SERVICE ESTABLISHMENT dealing with grease and oil (regarding food prep and the washing of dishes) should have a grease trap!
Here’s a Helpful Grease Trap Diagram:
How Do I Maintain My Grease Trap?
– Like any drain, grease traps need to be pumped out or “cleaned” periodically, to prevent possible clogs or issues such as slow-draining sinks or foul odors. That’s where Gulliford Septic and Sewer comes in. We can put you on a regular service schedule, which will make sure your grease trap “solids” never exceed the recommended level. You can also help maintain your grease trap, by remembering to scrape food scraps into the trash before washing dishes and avoiding flushing any chemicals down your sink drains.
What Will a Maintenance Program Do for Me?
– In addition to providing you with the peace of mind of knowing your food establishment is compliant with state and local health policy, a grease trap maintenance program can:
- Reduce the discharge of harmful particles into wastewater systems
- Reduce the likelihood of costly sewer system blockages
- Reduce the likelihood of wastewater backups
- Save money on drain-line cleaning costs
- Protect the environment
Do I HAVE to Sign Up for a Maintenance Program?
– Nope! Gulliford Septic and Sewer offers 24/7 emergency grease trap service. We do, however, recommend calling at the first sign of drain odor, slow-draining sinks or any other suspected grease trap irregularity. Don’t wait until the last minute!
What Happens to the Grease?
– Gulliford Septic and Sewer disposes of grease trap waste at licensed processing facilities. We maintain proper transport manifests and follow all federal, state and local regulations. Our experienced technicians ensure the job is done right from start to finish, protecting against all possible health and safety risks.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? ASK US!
Call us at (217) 337-5996 or email us!